Saturday, October 1, 2016

The Bittersweet Twists and Turns of Life

At the end of June, we got the news that our dear sweet sister Jeannie had passed away.  It's a hard thing to grasp, even now.  She was such a lovely, peacemaking, kind, humorous, gentle, athletic, dear girl.  Still a girl, really.  But, also such a good mom to her kiddos and wife to my brother.  So, we traveled to Idaho for her funeral.  It was a bitter cause, but it was mixed with sweetness.  So amazing how God can work good into such difficult times.  One of the sweet moments was our 10 minute stop at Manhattan enroute... we got to see Elaine and Joanne!
The funeral itself was perfect and even sweet because of the assurance that Jeannie is now safe and released from her pain.  And of course it was bitter because we all miss her so much and love this little family so much.

 
I love this picture of them last year on their wedding anniversary day.  Precious memories!
After the funeral was over, I stayed there for awhile.  I had kept July's schedule pretty much open in case I'd be needed.  These kiddos know just what to do when they are in the boat!  At this point, Ryan was putting it on the trailer.  They lined up just right so he could make it all work!

I love to fish.  It was a real special privilege to go fishing with Ryan and the kids for Kokanee Salmon.  That was very sweet!

Goofy kiddos!  It was a lively time!  I realize I've gotten a bit older, and it was a change to take care of 3 younger kids again!  So much fun though. :)

Lana had been out west with her cousin, so we rode the train home together.  We enjoyed being home for a week or so to celebrate Rob's birthday (Lana made this amazing cake!)...

...and to get a learner's permit! (And glasses for driving)

We did both return to Ryan's again to be there another week.  It was super special to have Lana there with me the second time.  Here we are on the train... knitting dishcloths like Grandma Ruth. :)

 My lovely niece!

It's always fun to go on a run or a walk with Lana!

And it's always fun to spend time on Lake Pend oreille!  This boy just got his snorkeling set.  It was hilarious to watch him get around... and just a little scary!  I could just hear Jeannie worrying out loud about it!

We came home with some blueberries and thoroughly tanked up on them while we were there.  Amazing!

Somebody was happy to have us home! ;)  You may notice Evan isn't in any of these pictures.  He was putting long hours in at the dairy, so we didn't see much of him on weekdays. 


3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your update! Amy Busse

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is sure tugging at my heart tonight! I love all you shared here!

    ReplyDelete