Monday, January 26, 2015

Winter

We have had a lovely winter!  This picture was taken this month - in January!  Last year at this time, we were deep into "explaining" (not complaining) about our weather woes.  This year, we bought insurance to try to prevent the problem...



This tractor has been our "insurance policy" I guess.  So far it has worked!  This is another January picture!! :)  The past few weeks have been WARM!  We've enjoyed several days in the 30's.  Wow!  It's good for our spirits.

Another thing that is good for our spirits is to exercise.  This picture was taken in December.  The temperature was below zero, but she covered up and went out anyway.  I love the sunset playing off her hair. 
And here she is in January!  She has a pretty nice Dad who has kept her running trail around the yard blown out.  But, we certainly couldn't have done that last winter!  Notice - no cold gear here!  It warmed up.

Guy Stuff...  New tires, mud flaps, and exhaust for Evan's pickup.

And LED's for the interior.  Huh? 

So happy together...  Mattie and an empty peanut butter jar.  She has become in tune to when a jar sounds empty during meal time.  Goofy Dog!!


The kids had a day off from school last week.  I had professional development all day, and was greeted by this sight when I came in the driveway!  :)  These are the blessings of winter!  As of today, most of our snow is gone. The snowman is still standing but looking very thin.  I'm happy and will remain happy without snow...  of course the snowmobilers in the family are starting to get a bit grumbly!  I'm sure we'll still get our share.  We still have February and March (and if it was like last year, even April into May!!!)  I'm liking this new insurance policy.





1 comment:

  1. Love your 'snow insurance' and always love a good update. You've piqued Ryan's interest in Evan's pick-up. He's requesting more pics.(:

    ReplyDelete