Sunday, March 8, 2015

Small Blessings

 I love birds.  I think they are one of our small blessings in life.  Some days I feel like they are BIG blessings!  One day this week was like that.  I was working away at my computer, and I heard a chickadee at my feeder outside the living room, "Chickadee-dee-dee!"  It was music to my ears!  Since we moved to this place almost 17 years ago, there were chickadees.  We'd hear them singing all winter.  Then two winters ago, they all disappeared.  I have not seen one here since, until this week!  Keep your fingers crossed for me...  I hope they stay!  :)

The next day I heard some more singing, and there was a redpoll at the feeder!  We think they are heralding an early spring.  Looking forward to some warmer weather this week...

 
 These grasses are another small blessing.  All winter they have been waving at us through one of the living room windows.  They dance around in the slightest breezes, and are quite cheerful.  Many years they would have been broken off and covered up by snow, but not this year!  Soon I will have to cut these stalks off so new ones can grow again.


Are pigeons blessings?  I was shocked to see this fancy couple on our roof the same day I saw the chickadee.  They are very interesting and have been hanging around for a few days now.

And lastly... I'm quite sure this is NOT a small blessing, but it is interesting anyway...  Remember that snowman?  He was looking thin lately.  Rob and Evan decided to move him closer to the house with the tractor, and somehow their plans changed...


I guess they needed to use that tractor for something this winter!!! 

2 comments: