One evening last week, Rob was slaving away on wiring up the new laundry room. At about 9:30, he said he was "going out to do a few things..." As I was just crawling into bed, my ears perked up. What WAS that sound? A trip to the window revealed what I suspicioned.... that old sled was running again! I wasn't exactly rejoicing at the moment, because I kept seeing him squirt some kind of fluid in there, and every now and then the thing would backfire horribly. Smoke or exhaust, whatever it was was rising like Old Faithful. I was just a little nervous, because when he originally decided to see if it would run this fall, it started on fire!!!! (We now have fire extinguishers EVERYWHERE!!!) So, I was really afraid something was going to blow! I took a few pictures anyway, just to mark the moment. Hope he doesn't mind me posting this picture. By the way, today it ran MUCH cleaner! Fun to see Rob and Evan go scooting off across the field.... I'll keep you posted.
Saturday, December 18, 2010
Winter's Drama
We have a vintage snowmobile. This fall Rob decided he was going to get it running again and sell it. Lately, we had a change of heart and decided to get it running and keep it instead.
One evening last week, Rob was slaving away on wiring up the new laundry room. At about 9:30, he said he was "going out to do a few things..." As I was just crawling into bed, my ears perked up. What WAS that sound? A trip to the window revealed what I suspicioned.... that old sled was running again! I wasn't exactly rejoicing at the moment, because I kept seeing him squirt some kind of fluid in there, and every now and then the thing would backfire horribly. Smoke or exhaust, whatever it was was rising like Old Faithful. I was just a little nervous, because when he originally decided to see if it would run this fall, it started on fire!!!! (We now have fire extinguishers EVERYWHERE!!!) So, I was really afraid something was going to blow! I took a few pictures anyway, just to mark the moment. Hope he doesn't mind me posting this picture. By the way, today it ran MUCH cleaner! Fun to see Rob and Evan go scooting off across the field.... I'll keep you posted.
One evening last week, Rob was slaving away on wiring up the new laundry room. At about 9:30, he said he was "going out to do a few things..." As I was just crawling into bed, my ears perked up. What WAS that sound? A trip to the window revealed what I suspicioned.... that old sled was running again! I wasn't exactly rejoicing at the moment, because I kept seeing him squirt some kind of fluid in there, and every now and then the thing would backfire horribly. Smoke or exhaust, whatever it was was rising like Old Faithful. I was just a little nervous, because when he originally decided to see if it would run this fall, it started on fire!!!! (We now have fire extinguishers EVERYWHERE!!!) So, I was really afraid something was going to blow! I took a few pictures anyway, just to mark the moment. Hope he doesn't mind me posting this picture. By the way, today it ran MUCH cleaner! Fun to see Rob and Evan go scooting off across the field.... I'll keep you posted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Great picture. It looks just like ours this morning as we fired it up for the first time this season. -Randy
ReplyDeleteHow funny! Ryan got his working just after Thanksgiving and he and Lane had a high ol' time ... until I noticed Lane walking back and Ryan out in the field trying to get it started again. Apparently some ball bearing something-or-rather came completely apart! So back to its parking place in the shop it went.
ReplyDeleteGood luck to Rob!