Winter is truly upon us. What better way to embrace it than with a warm and cozy knitting project? I am attempting to make a beret for myself. Possibly it could be big and floppy enough not to mess up my hair when I have to go out for recess duty?? And still look cute????? Well, we'll see. But, the fun is in the making of it.... Is anyone else doing any knitting this winter? Crocheting? Sewing? I'd love to hear about your latest project. "They" say that this kind of project is good for our psyche... It appeals to the woman in us who is responsible to keep our loved ones clothed and cared for. I like this thought!
Yes! I finished a crochet ear flap hat for Morgan over Thanksgiving and now Lane wants one...so off to the yarn store we go!(: And a crocheted teddy bear for Logan.
ReplyDeleteOh yay! I was wondering if you were still doing crochet, and was looking forward to seeing it at T'day... I'd like to try an animal or something crochet too. Do you have a favorite website for getting patterns?
ReplyDeleteWhat kind of yarn did you use for Morgan's hat? I was looking at knit/crochet hats at Scheels today and I noticed that some of them were lined with fleece. I may do that with my knit beret if it's not warm enough.
Oh, I so wanted to do a doll knitting project for Maya for Christmas but still haven't gotten it figured out. Probably to late now... I can't wait to see your hat. Looks soft!
ReplyDeleteI generally use Lion Brand's web site. (you have to sign up but then the majority of the patterns are free - Yay!) The teddy bear (Bear in a Jif) that I'm doing for Logan turned out smaller than the one's I did for the other kids and I like it better. I don't remember the web-site for the other kids animals.
ReplyDeleteAs for Morgan's hat, I just used some acrylic multi-colored yarn left over from a sweater I made for her. Fleece lined sounds lovely!