Saturday, November 27, 2010

Still Thankful

Disappointments come...

We tried to make it to my Dad's for Thanksgiving, and it seemed like the roads and weather and weather reports were stacked against us.  So, we ended up coming home without getting there.  This was hard for me.  Really hard.  Life does hold disappointments sometimes. 

Yet, I'm still thankful.

I'm thankful for Rob and my kids who have been beside me this whole time and still love me.
I'm thankful for safety.
I'm thankful for my "other" parents who took us in with no hesitation and shared their Thanksgiving Day with us, complete with wonderful food, made impromptu!
I'm thankful for a warm, comfortable home.
I'm thankful for my dad and each of my siblings and their families (whom I miss dearly), who is living a life faithful to God. 
I'm thankful that if we all keep faithful in this life, our time together in eternity will be endless!
I'm thankful for our abundance of food and how easy it is to get it.
I'm thankful for a cheerful dog who lifts my spirits with her tirelessly wagging tail!
I'm thankful for my little girl who came and shyly handed me a coupon for a 15 minute massage tonight, and then so generously set a timer for 20 minutes and sweetly gave me a neck rub for 20 minutes!!!  Amazing!
I'm thankful we can look forward to time of fellowship tomorrow.
There are so many things to be thankful for.  So many blessings in this life.  May we all take time to keep counting our blessings!

Thank you for your comments on my last post, Alison and Jeannie.  Sure miss you!  Thanksgiving time certainly has its place in our memories of our young years together as couples, doesn't it?!




Evan and Grandpa David playing Chess.  I believe Grandpa made this Chess board in Shop class.


Lana, catching some sleep along the way...

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you missed a yearly tradition. We had no idea the roads & weather were so bad up there this year. Wish we could sit & have a cup of tea together...I found a kind you might like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet pictures of the kids and enjoyed your list. Yes, there is much to be thankful for...

    ReplyDelete