Thursday, November 4, 2010

An Homey Aroma


Seriously... fresh homemade bread is one of the reasons I don't work full time! 

When I was a child, our company often complimented my mom on her delicious homemade bread.  She accepted the comments simply and graciously, but I love to remember my dad's response:  "Homemade bread was in our marriage contract..."   As a child, I didn't really understand that, and didn't know if Dad was really serious, or joking!  And, get this!  I even thought it was a treat to have store-bought bread!  Now I understand the value of homemade bread.  Even though I often take the "easy way out" and make it in my breadmaker (unlike Mom who made 6 loaves at a time with her Bosch mixer) I still think homemade bread is worth staying home for!  And the aroma in my house cheers me, makes me feel "at home," and greets my children as they arrive home from school.  YUM! 

1 comment:

  1. beautiful loaf of bread! I had not used my bread maker in awhile, but last week pulled it out and made dough in it, but then rolled it out and made cinamon rolls....so good! I love my bread maker, just need to use it more.

    ReplyDelete