Sunday night after meeting, we came home and carved pumpkins, gorged ourselves on a big assorted bag of candy (bought it "just in case we got any trick-or-treaters!" - a favorite line I have borrowed from my dad :), and roasted the seeds. Mmmm.... good fun and a quiet evening!
Monday, November 1, 2010
Halloween at Home
The kids celebrated Halloween at school on Friday. I was asked to sub for 2nd grade that day... How many opportunities will I have to sub for Halloween??? So, I borrowed a costume and got in on the festivities....
Sunday night after meeting, we came home and carved pumpkins, gorged ourselves on a big assorted bag of candy (bought it "just in case we got any trick-or-treaters!" - a favorite line I have borrowed from my dad :), and roasted the seeds. Mmmm.... good fun and a quiet evening!
We took the pictures after the mess was all cleaned up! Well, I guess I did take a few during the process. Must not make everything appear TOO perfect! For you young mothers, though... it DOES get easier (and considerably more boring!) The kids actually did a lot of their own clean-up, and no one got sick from the smell or ate any raw pumpkin seeds or innerds!!!
Sunday night after meeting, we came home and carved pumpkins, gorged ourselves on a big assorted bag of candy (bought it "just in case we got any trick-or-treaters!" - a favorite line I have borrowed from my dad :), and roasted the seeds. Mmmm.... good fun and a quiet evening!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ahhh ... nice to know we have 'boring' to look forward too.(:
ReplyDeleteCute jack-o-lanterns too!