Thursday, April 7, 2011

Turning Ten



This thank-you collage shows you what we did last Saturday!  We had a super-fun sewing party for Lana's birthday!  Lana and I cut the fabric and did a little pre-work before the party, and then the girls each sewed their own pillowcase.  They are all natural-born seamstresses!!!  I was so impressed! 




And we had rainbow cupcakes.  Thanks, Andrea for the link to ourbestbites.com.  We couldn't resist trying these!  We even made the homemade frosting.  Yummmmm... 

We did some other fun crafty stuff too while each girl was sewing. 



 Would you believe Lana got these socks for a gift from one of her friends that day?!  A perfect match to what she was wearing....  AND these are no ordinary socks.  They are scented!  (And not like feet either!)  They smell wonderful!  And they have cute little grips on the bottom which are very handy for little girls who love to run on the slippery laminate floor!! 

So, that was Saturday.  Then on Sunday we had special meeting and Grandma and Grandpa took us out afterwards for a birthday supper. 

Then on Monday evening Lana got to open a few presents.  The first one she opened was a box of new hangers from American Girl.  She's been asking for these.  The second box she opened was a strong hint of delights of the coming day...  a doll stand!

So, by Tuesday morning, she could barely contain herself!  She was up early and waiting for me....  And she got to open Kanani before breakfast!




 I had always thought one American Girl doll was enough, and we'd agreed on this together many times in the past.  However, as I started looking through the catalog awhile back, I realized that a matching doll/girl outfit costs almost or just as much as a new doll!  So, I thought I'd surprise her and get Kanani!  She is a beautiful doll.  I think I got her as much for me as for Lana....



So, here she is with her two girls on her actual birthday.  Ready to have cupcakes again!  I guess we forgot to frost the doll-sized cupcakes, but you can see them better this way anyway. 

 Wow!  What a fun birthday!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Lana!! Benjamin talked about calling you several times, but our day was so full and by the time we remembered, it was probably too late. Looks like you had a wonderful day/weekend. What a fun party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what an awesome birthday for your beautiful daughter! That is a neat idea to make pillowcases, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's quite a day! Happy Birthday, Lana.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a fun birthday! So many cute ideas Aleta. I'll have to remember them for my girls! ;) Can't believe our girls are 10!!! Where did the years go?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat party!! My girls loved looking at the pictures and planning their next birthday. Very cute ideas!

    ReplyDelete