If you always do what you've always done,
You'll always be what you've always been.
-unknown
I've thought of this quote over and over the past four weeks or so....
I'm going back to school to become a Family and Consumer Science Teacher!
Formerly called a Home-Ec teacher....
This has all evolved over the past few weeks, and here's the scoop:
I am already enrolled in 5 online courses through NDSU.
If I complete these courses by December, I will qualify for an "emergency
license" which will allow me to teach beginning in January.
I'll be teaching afternoons only, every day...
at the school where I've subbed for the past five years. (Where my
kids go.)
I will now have 7th-10th graders as my students!
This is a major change for me. Changes always come with some
anxiety and unknowns....
But this change has felt so guided. I feel right about it. I'll be okay.
I have comfort in that feeling. And it has given me courage.
Change can be a good thing.
Sorry I've been so behind with my blog. I've loved checking up on all of you, and will try to get some pictures posted soon! HUGS!
p.s. Dad, we are really missing the harvest. Thinking of you so much!
Yes, that is a big change! We wish you all the best in this new endeavor!
ReplyDeleteYay for you! My mom is a FCS teacher - she'd be a good source for you! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteThat's exciting! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteWishing you the best too! Can't wait to hear more about it. :)
ReplyDeleteHello! So glad to have found your blog.
ReplyDeleteHow exciting about your new adventure!! Your student will be so lucky to have you!
XXOO always!! Renea
students that is ;-)
ReplyDeleteAleta, I keep thinking about your in your new direction in education. I can see you as a "Home Ec" teacher. It sounds like a great opportunity for you, and I wish you all the best in this new endeavor!
ReplyDeleteThanks to each of you for your good wishes. I'm deep into school projects, reading, and tests! Maybe after this, teaching half-days will seem like a breeze?!
ReplyDeleteHappy Fall, everybody!