Lana has also been working on a major project this winter. She got her inspiration from a picture on Alison's blog of Kyla's rag quilt in process. This is to be a baby gift for a special family who is soon to have their first little one...
It thrills me to hear Lana working away on Mom's old sewing machine... the hum of that old machine brings me right back to my childhood! I told this to Grandma Ruth, and she said, "Oh Aleta, dear... you must be getting old!" Yep... But sometimes it feels good. I like to remember those days of Mom sewing for me. Even if it means I'm old :)
I like this little sign Lana made. Her quilt strips were laid out on the living room floor for awhile, and this sign was smack-dab in the middle of it!
Here is the quilt so far. I think she has three rows left to sew and then the snipping... Fun stuff!!
The fish aquarium has been another fun project... We set it up over Christmas break. We've managed to keep alive three zebra danios and one neon danio. Oh... and our zebra snail. We have lost one honey-sunset gourami, another neon danio, and a ghost shrimp. Hmmm... Anyway, like I say, it's a project!! We've been getting a real kick out of our snail. Every morning lately, he takes a ride on the floating thermometer! He climbs on it and goes bobbing around the aquarium!
My main project this winter has been my teaching. Here is the latest....
Yep! We have a baby in the house! It's rather convenient, as I can turn him on and off from a computer. I've been learning about these baby simulators so I know enough to use them with my students. Lana and I have enjoyed learning about them together.
Love the beds! They look great. Very lovely quilt too - way to go Lana!
ReplyDeleteBeen thinking of you lately Aleta and hoping the teaching is going well.
I also love the beds! Such a great idea for tweens! Projects are such a great way to pass the winter months. Hope the teaching is going well- I'm sure you are doing awesome!
ReplyDeleteFun to see your projects! The beds are great! Your Grandpa Ruth's comment made me laugh :) Lana's note on her quilt also made me chuckle -- too cute! A fun post! Have a great week-end!
ReplyDelete