The noble work goes on. The Studebaker Body is now back on the frame. The gauges are being worked on. This picture was taken when the body first went back onto the frame.
The following picture was taken on April 21st, when I almost had a panic... Evan seemed/seems to be growing by the week, and Rob and I were going on vacation soon hereafter. QUICK! A picture! They are even at the top... Now I daresay son is taller than Dad. It's really okay :)
Lana finished her first quilt.
My garden got the royal treatment this spring. We added several square feet and put up new fence. By "we," I mean the males in the household put up the fence. Also... check out the cool new compost bins they made for me! As of 5/31, my garden is officially all planted. I was feeling bad about not getting it in early, because so many around here planted in the beginning of May! However, this is the normal time to plant for me, and this is what I could do this year. Something that is NOT normal for me is that I watered my garden this morning! I have never, ever had to water my garden so that things would come up. We are as dry as we've been in the spring since we've lived here. I am NOT complaining. We spent too many springs mucking out a wet basement to complain. I'm actually enjoying it....
Last Friday we invited some special visitors from Rob's work out for supper. Can you tell which ones are the true Italians? These guys always take good care of Rob when he goes over there. I find their expressive-ness very entertaining, and they are most gracious folks. :)
I just took this picture of Evan this afternoon. The fuzzy edges are actually the ropes on my hammock. Evan just finished mowing the whole yard. I really appreciate all the work he does around here. Those of you with little ones - keep giving them jobs to do, and help them feel useful. Later on, they REALLY ARE!!!

Glad you're getting a chance to relax! Looks like you've all been keeping busy. Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks!(:
ReplyDeleteSo nice to get caught up - enjoy your summer. The boys are ready for our big road trip north...it's just around the corner!
ReplyDeleteLove all the pictures you shared! I miss the days of having a son around to mow grass and help with chores and have friendly banters with. I know you enjoy your kids....time with them goes way too fast, from my perspective of looking back. But I do love my adult children very much too! (and all our adult nieces and nephews!!)
ReplyDelete