Thursday, May 16, 2013

Mother's Day


 A little reminiscing...  This was my first Mother's Day! 
 And the cute little fella with his Daddy! 


 Another Mother's Day - with a sweet little girl addition!
 
 The kids are growing - another Mother's Day picture.  I'm so glad we had this tradition.  Somewhere along the line I guess we must have given it up.  This year though, I felt like it was time to take another Mother's Day picture.

 It is true - like Jeannie said...  when you're a young parent you hear things like "They grow up so fast," and all that good stuff.  It goes in one ear and out the other as you struggle just to hold the household together at that point.  Then, there you are, "Poof!" that parent of older children - teenagers even!  And you understand what it means, and you bite your tongue to keep from saying it to every young parent...  or maybe you just say it out loud, because it's so much how you feel.

A few weeks ago, I was doing some things at work with the Real-Care computerized dolls for my Child Development class.  We had need of some baby clothes, so I dug through my "keepsakes" box and found a little newborn outfit of Evan's to use. When finished, I brought it back home to wash.  Somehow, nostalgia hit me like a ton of bricks when I held that little thing up and looked from it to the just-washed men's coveralls on the dryer.   Same child - extremely different clothing, just an obvious manifestation of all the changes.
 One of our friends told me on Sunday that "Every day is Mother's Day."  I think she's right.  I'm so thankful for my precious children!




4 comments:

  1. Oh my, Aleta! They don't slow down for nothing, do they!?! I have a picture of Lane and I on that very grass for Mother's Day a few years ago! I do believe that's what started the photo every year tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post. My kids are a few years behind yours, but there's something about the growing and changing that makes a person realize how fast time goes! I cannot believe you have a teenager already!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a special post! I am quite late in commenting, but have thought of it often -- especially the last picture of the difference in clothing! I love the thought "Every day is Mother's Day" -- isn't that true? What a precious gift! Looking forward to seeing you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete