Wednesday, June 25, 2014

SUMMER!!!

We had a wonderful first day of summer this past Saturday... and it certainly was a long day!

Dad, Mom, and I (Lana) headed to town in the early morning for a 5k colon cancer benefit run, where Mom and I ran as a great start to our day! (It was Mom's first 5k)

Next to the giant inflatable colon!  haha



Mom finishing her race
                                                                                                                                                          

After our 5k, it started to get very warm (well, at least we thought it was warm) so we set up the pool and decided to try out our new paddleboard in it while it was filling! I just have to say that it was a good thing it was a hot day, because the pool was VERY cold.
                                                                                            

 
Meanwhile...
Evan was at Grandpa Larry's fishing, and the dog and cat were lazing around enjoying the weather. (Not that we asked them, but they sure looked like it)





At the end of the day was a little hail, just to add a little variety...


What a big, bold, beautiful day!  Let's hope we have some more like this :)



No comments:

Post a Comment