I've always had a weakness for growing stuff... Even growing up in a rather dry climate with limited water.... I was always trying to coax some miracle out of the dirt.
That's what these things are - miracles! We heard last week about when we give thanks for our food to remember that we can't even create a green bean!! (From nothing that is...) God put the miracle in the seed, and we can grow it, sure. But, could we create one? Nope! So, we give thanks for our food. We need miracles. We depend on them, and I enjoy them. A lot!
In Australia, I took quite a few pictures of flowers and beautiful foliage. Even though it was Fall time for them, actually just beginning winter, there was beauty all around us. I will spare you the majority and share just a few...
I know this picture (above) isn't particularly beautiful, but I took it because it is Aloe Vera - just growing right in a nook under a deck. Just like - wild! This is a wonderful healing plant. I grow one in my house for when we get a burn.
These two pictures (above and below) were taken in the Bunya Mountains. This was a rainforest. SO fascinating! There were actually those vines hanging down like Tarzan hung from. :) And these plants below just start growing on any old tree.
I've grown this flower (above) at home. Love these! These were in a garden at my Sister-In-Law's brother's home.
And this was down by the Brisbane River. This was an amazingly beautiful area. We thoroughly enjoyed all the beauty of the country. I feel like we barely scratched the surface, but sooner or later, you start missing home...
So, 2 1/2 weeks after we left home, we came back to this!
And this...
And my peonies even waited for us!
So... lots of beauty at home too. It was actually a really nice time to come home. Stuff was growing everywhere. I had planted my whole garden before we left, and it had all come up and was just needing a little weeding. But, I enjoy that. It was a good way to beat the jet lag and a good way to witness little miracles up really close.














I LOVE this post with all the beautiful flowers!! I enjoyed seeing what you saw in Australia, but have to admit some of my favorite pictures in this post were your flowers at home! :) Nice that beauty surrounds us many places! Thanks for sharing your pictures - I enjoyed them a lot! :)
ReplyDelete