Rob's major winter project was his tractor cab. He created the whole thing from scratch. Quite impressive I must say! And, it seems to be working somewhat as "winter insurance." The purchase of the tractor did a real good job with that last year. Now maybe the cab will work for another year or two! We had a lovely winter.
As I'm putting the picture on, I'm remembering - he did use a golf cart roof... so it wasn't quite from scratch. :)Lana's winter projects included a quilt for her cousin's baby and an FCCLA STAR event called "Sports Nutrition."
My projects have involved photo books, sewing projects (like the aprons below), and some basement redecorating. Unfortunately, I don't have an "after" picture ready of the basement yet. It may be awhile, but we are making progress!
Oh... part of the basement project has been picking out furniture. After going to several furniture stores and being sadly disappointed by quality and price, we got together and planned out what we wanted... and it was made by my handy husband! He also made two end tables out of the same type of weathered pallets. I love them!
Evan possibly takes the cake for the most projects this winter. He has done some work on his pickup, built several items for the school, did a minor overhaul on a four-wheeler, etc. He recently opened an Etsy shop, and it seems like he is always fabricating something.... We are excited that he will be working at a dairy this summer!
Lots of projects going on. I guess it's kind of what keeps us going around here. We did take a little break from projects and skipped on down to hike the Grand Canyon for a few days. What an awe-inspiring experience! I really should do a separate post on it, but I don't have much confidence that I'll get that done, so here is my favorite picture from our time there.







You are all an inspiration! Look at all that good stuff going on and love the Grand Canyon picture. Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteWonderful to see all the fun things going on at your place! And do read back and see what has gone one prior to! You do have lots of beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing them with us!
ReplyDelete