Every year, the locals sponsor a cardboard sled race. One business donates duct tape and another business donates cardboard! This was our first time as spectators. I think Evan is already designing a sled for next year! It was super fun to watch all these parents and kids. The event is very non-competitive, so fun for all.
Benjamin, can you spot Lightning McQueen?????
This was our favorite, I think. The top came neatly off, and the kid climbed in there. You could see his eyes through the little peephole in front. Several people were saying "Oh, that one's gonna tip over...," but it stayed the course, and quickly zipped down the slope! Yay!
Pac Man, you're going backwards!!!!
Big kids and little kids... the more the merrier!!
Oh no! Benjamin, Lightning McQueen has collided with a fighter jet!! Really, there were a few minor collisions, but no one got hurt and I think everyone had a great time.
We headed over the hill to a nice big ice skating rink and skated for a few hours. We really ARE still trying to embrace winter. Well, anyway we were on Saturday when it was 20 degrees. The past few days have been miserable-cold again. But, we'll get a break again I'm sure.





Benjamin says, Thank you for showing us the sled race. I'm glad I got a picture & I would like to see it someday. I love you! love, Benjamin
ReplyDeleteThat looks like a lot of fun. They have cardboard to slide on our grass hills here in the summer, but nothing that fancy!
ReplyDelete