Friday, February 4, 2011

Special Time with Family

We had a great time down south with my brother and his family!  And we TOTALLY lucked out with the weather!  It was in the mid to upper 70's the three days we were there.  The afternoons were sunny and warm, and we absolutely SOAKED it up!  Here are a few of our favorite pictures...

 We brought a Curious George in the Snow book to help Benjamin understand snow.  Sounds like maybe he actually GOT some last night?

 Rob put his sunglasses on Trevin, so we all thought that was pretty cute!  We took a little hike at a place called Zilker Park by downtown Austin.  The weather was cloudy to start, but ended up perfectly sunny  for our picnic lunch and afternoon.
 So, this was taken from the Zilker Park trail, across Town Lake to the big buildings in Austin.  I like this view.  It all looks so peaceful from here.

 I'm sorry my camera didn't do justice to the aura of the botanical gardens in Zilker Park.  It was off season, but I thought everything was still so beautiful!

 My fellow northern gardeners will understand why I needed to take this picture.  There were vegetables growing in the park!!!  I looked quickly around before I stooped down to pull a weed....  I knew I shouldn't, but I just couldn't resist!
Our last evening there, we went to the Oasis Restaurant on Lake Travis.  It was a gorgeous evening, and we enjoyed a beautiful sunset.  My camera isn't an expert on sunset pictures, so you'll have to visit Times 2 Treasure for that....  They have some other great pictures of our trip too.  I took this picture of Trevin because even though it looks like he got into a chocolate dessert, he didn't!  These are real southern black beans all over his face!  He is a little bean boy!

So many special memories!  Thanks, for having us, R, A, B and T!

4 comments:

  1. Benjamin's comments: "I love you so so much. I hope you come back so you will have a fun time at our house again and again."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we did get snow last night & wow...Benjamin had a grand time today playing in it. Now it is nearly gone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had fun and it sure is nice to see pictures of GREEN plants!!! The countdown to spring is on here.(:

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you could have this trip to TX, and thanks for sharing pictures!

    ReplyDelete