Anyway, I called this post "Swallowed up" because the main excuse at the time was our Australia trip. These things happened BEFORE that! So, here goes...
Lana had her last piano recital in April. It's hard to see her friend beside her on the bench as they play their duet, but there are four hands! And when the video zooms in you can see the numbers on the back of each of their left hands... they had a track meet together the day before! I was happy to hear that they will play duets again for festival this year even though Lana is no longer taking lessons.
Speaking of track... That is Lana in green just passing the finish line at State in the 2 mile. She qualified for State in three events. She didn't place in this event, but gained a nice PR. I was amazed at her self-discipline to hold back the first few laps, and then she started picking off runners one by one. It was a fun race to watch!
And in other happenings, Evan drove his Rod and Resto' Beetle to school on the last day. Needless to say, it was quite a sensation in the parking lot that day! Even the teachers had to go out and check it over. :)
So, that was mid-to-late May. Then we headed to Australia, and I already posted about that! Yay!

Great to see your post! Enjoyed the videos!
ReplyDeleteLove seeing your post! It's fun to get a glimpse of life in the Dakotas.(:
ReplyDelete